Meringues- a Swiss and French Cuisine Sweet, often known as ‘Forgotten Cookies’.
Recently, I had attempted a new recipe of baking one of my favourite dessert, Meringue.
As I am planning my 21st birthday cum farewell party next year, I was hoping some of my bakes could be on my dessert bar.
So I thought. Hmm…. Meringues, it is! Easy and fun to bake!
Before my bakes are qualified to be served on the table for more than 50 people, I had to test myself if it is even edible right? Tee-hee.
Fun Fact: Do you know that Meringues are FAT-FREE food?
The ingredients are as follows:
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tar tar
- 3/4 cups of castor sugar
- Food colourings
Just 4 easy steps for making this delightful dessert!
- Simply, beat the egg whites in an electric mixer at high speed, until foamy.
- Then you can start adding the sugars gradually while beating.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Bake in a 90 degrees oven for about at least 1 hr and 45 mins. — no kidding. It is easy to make but it’s baking time is a bitch.
The colours and how it looks like is all up to you!
If you would like a more detailed explanation for each step, you can read : http://www.joyofbaking.com/MeringueCookies.html
I find this article really useful.
You can watch my video on my IG @cassandrafaith.
It taste like mini cotton candies that is hard on the outside but soft on the inside. Crispy!
One thing to bear in mind: it melts and become soft very quickly within 30 minutes. — for this flaw, I will research and try again.
For the first time of meringue-baking, I give myself a pat on the back. 🙂