To be back from Sydney to my hometown, Singapore, for a week is more than just a SURREAL feeling. Well, but I just had to continue my cafe-hopping here since there are so many new cafes that I’ve yet to explore and taste! This time, I am meeting my second batch of favourite girls and one of them suggested ROKEBY!
Rokeby, located in the heart of Serangoon, is another neighbourhood, quaint cafe that to gather your girlfriends over. Be it just for brunch or an artisan coffee to spice up your gossip session, it is still worth the visit!
Rokeby’s homemade biscuits in a jar!
Truffled Parmesan Fries
Mushroom Soup with Truffle Oil
The Yuppie Burger
Kurobuta Pork Belly
Molten Lava Cake
Fruits and Nutella Waffles
[S]- Starters, [M]-Mains, [D]-Dessert
- [S] Truffled Parmesan Fries— The Fries just tasted norm? Except that it is rather cripsy. Other than that, I felt no difference with all other truffle fries that I had tasted so far.
- [S] Mushroom Soup with Truffled Oil— I did not personally gave this starter a try. But in accordance to my friend, this soup is particularly smooth and creamy. To her, it is a-must-order! So, you might want to trust her opinion, idk? haha.
- [M] The Yuppie Burger— This patty has curry taste! It is a unique flavour that I think it’s worth giving it a go!
- [M] Spaghetti Carbonara— As I was rather deprived from a restaurant-cooked spag, this was my choice of main. Yes, it is fantastic and as a carbonara lover, I will not give this one a miss. However, just a tip, it will best to share this main, as the cream will turn into something you call, Sick.
- [M] Kurobuta Pork Belly— No specific comment for this main. Just see that it is fat and oily. LOL!
- [D] Molten Lava Cake— One of my favourite dessert! Oh damn the chocolates just melts…… >.<
- [D] Fruits and Nutella Waffles— the appearance of their waffles does not appeal to me as it seems to be just waffles and nutella spread on the plate, along with variety of fruits. Hey, I can do this at home! Plus, with the fact that Wimbly Lu is just next door, I would suggest that you get waffles there instead. BUT, I need to emphasize that it depends on personal perference. Wimbly Lu’s waffles are FLUFFY but Rokeby’s is CRISPY! So, which do you prefer?
Fantastic! Besides being priced at the range similar to all cafes, Rokeby offers NO GST and NO SERVICE CHARGE instead! YAY!
Rokeby, an Australian bistro had an ordinary atmosphere- just like most cafes that I had visited. The use of silver steel chairs and wooden serving plates seem to be a norm nowadays. However, I am impressed with the corner that utilised the guitar as a decorative aspect (see image above). It certainly enhanced this cafe to be more ‘Outback’— Now, that’s an aussie style we are talking about!
15-9 Jalan Riang
Tel: +65 9106 0437