One of Balmain’s top eatery, Little Darling Diner. If you ever want to go to Rozelle’s Saturday markets, then you certainly have to visit this place. At least just for tea, that is good enough. Breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner were all catered for—- each have different menu. It had been known for its gourmet high tea selections of delicacies and patisseries.
Bonus: the comfy sofa chairs that you can sink into and enjoy your tea and bites, together with your favourite people.
Little Darling Diner is widely spaced with two levels in total (so, they definitely expect big crowds!).
Their furnitures are picked especially to fit the parisian theme and enhancing the french-home-kinda-feel.
Grilled Schiacciata bread with mussels
Escargot with garlic butter and grilled sour dough
Tuna Fillet with wasabi avocado and tomato confit
Duck confit, roast fennel, duck fat potatoes, watercress salad
- Grilled Schiacciata bread with mussels— Probably a wise choice for sharing but not worth a second try individually.
- Escargot with garlic butter and grilled sour dough—Number 1 scored appetiser!!!!
- Tuna Fillet with wasabi avocado and tomato confit—First of all, it does not look like a tuna fillet (looks like beef steak, I swear). Okay, so the idea of combining cooked tuna with wasabi sounds pretty interesting yea?
- Duck confit, roast fennel, duck fat potatoes, watercress salad—Best duck breasts I had ever tasted so far in Sydney! With the combination of the sour citrus and sweet sauce, it is just perfecto~
- Mini Tarts (chocolate, strawberry and lemon meringue)— The tarts have a special crusts that taste different from other tarts that I had tried. They are good but not as fantastic as bourke street’s. But still, it’s incomparable as it is unique in its own way.
It might be a tad too expensive for some of you. For example, the duck confit and tuna is about $20++ for each dish. 6 Escargots were about $10. However, as a big foodie, I dont mind paying a little bit more for good food in my tum tum! HAHA! What about you? 😀
Cosy chairs, wooden floors, french-styled wall decos….I love everything French!!!
Little Darling Diner
485A Darling Street Balmain, NSW 2041
(02) 9810 5255
Breakfast and Lunch: 7am- 4pm
Dinner: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6pm-10pm